These are my go-to cookies when I feel like having a sweet treat. I love them because they are dairy-free, gluten-free and do not contain any refined sugars.
200g almond meal (I make my own by pulsing raw almonds in a food processor for a few seconds)
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinammon
40g coconut oil, melted
40g honey (or maple syrup if you want to make these cookies vegan)
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
50g dark chocolate, chopped (I use Green & Blacks Organic 70% dark chocolate)
A few flaked almonds to garnish (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 150°c and line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. In a bowl, combine almond meal, baking soda and cinnamon.
3. Stir in coconut oil, honey and vanilla extract. Add 1/2 tsp of water if needed to help the mixture stick together.
4. Mix in chopped chocolate.
5. Spoon on to prepared baking tray and garnish with a few flaked almonds.
6. Bake for 15-20 minutes. Then allow to cool on tray for 10 minutes to let them firm up.